FRATELLI CARLESSI Company was founded in 1925, but CARLESSI workshop was already operating in 1911. In fact at that time Antonio Carlessi had already started a small mechanical business concerning car motors, water pumps, weaving or dyeing machines to the maintenance and/or reparation of machines at Urgnano tanneries; in the same year, at Paris exhibition, he got even a special award for his locomotive steam recovery system.
In 1953 his sons Duilio and Eberardo Carlessi led the business to the tanning field and manufactured the first toggle dryer.
A few years later the company grew and moved its old headquarters located in the center of Urgnano out to the suburbs where, after continual expansion, it now extends over an area of approx. 21.000 sq. mts., of which 8.700 are covered.
Today Fratelli Carlessi employ about 50 people, but also various external workshops working exclusively for them and under their constant control have to be added.
Carlessi's aim over the years has always been meeting Customers requirements and constant research into new and efficient technical solutions. That's why today the name "Fratelli Carlessi" is synonymous with tannery machinery all over the world. In fact a recent survey shows that more than 2500 plants have been exported in over 90 countries all over the world.